Sunday, June 20, 2010

goodbye vancouver

So we did everything we needed to do this trip- i hope. Business wise, I hope everything is done and I won't have to come back for this purpose again (will elaborate later...). Otherwise, I've really enjoyed my time here. It's a very cool, diverse city, with lots of outdoor stuff going on. A few things i've noticed:

-the people here are slim. i guess i come from a typical, overweight american city, and the people here are fit and skinny. I fit the skinny part, the fit part not so much.

-i've missed living in a city. it was really nice to just walk everywhere you needed to go, or to use public transportation. Today we had to rent a car, and i hit my threshold at the end of the day, and just wanted to park the car, get out, and not drive anymore.

-People here are more health and environmentally conscious. I suppose this also comes with a city. It seems like recycling and eating well are taken more seriously.

Although we've enjoyed our time here, I don't think I could live here full time.

Poker has been going ok, some good, some bad. Today I had sort of an eureka moment, realizing how much the opponent matters. I shouldn't have stacked off against this tight nit. Calling the turn was good, and I kept on hearing my gut saying this guy has the nuts, and wouldn't stack off without it, but I shoved anyway...


PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



CO ($91.90)

Button ($100)

SB ($121)

BB ($100)

UTG ($210.60)

UTG+1 ($104)

Hero (MP1) ($106.90)

MP2 ($112.95)

MP3 ($132.05)



Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q

2 folds, Hero bets $4, 1 fold, MP3 calls $4, 1 fold, Button calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3



Flop: ($16.50) K, 8, 9 (4 players)

BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks



Turn: ($16.50) Q (4 players)

BB bets $11, Hero calls $11, 2 folds



River: ($38.50) 4 (2 players)

BB bets $21, Hero raises to $60.50, BB raises to $85 (All-In), Hero calls $24.50



Total pot: $208.50 | Rake: $3



Results:

BB had 10, J (straight, King high).

Hero had Q, Q (three of a kind, Queens).

Outcome: BB won $205.50

No comments:

Post a Comment